In the 20th century, the Manoir began to open to visitors for cultural events

Posted :
12 December 2019
Posted :
Share :

In 1902, the Manoir was home to Silvestre Forel, who would become mayor of Saint-Prex and his wife Lucie who sponsored and supported all the social work in the town. In 1946, Dr Oscar Forel, the son of world-renowned entomologist August Forel, would inherit the mansion. After modernising the house to bring it up to modern comfort and hygiene standards, Dr Forel decided to develop his patronage of the arts and turned the Manoir’s vast cellar into a concert hall, opening it to visitors.